Memories of Jackson Jewellers in Watford in the past

Today’s Watford town centre memory features another old picture of a popular shop, but this is of a business that is still going strong and again set to sell plenty of Christmas gifts this year.

Many of us will be visiting the town centre to buy our gifts in the build up to December 25, but many of the shops we remember fondly have changed or disappeared altogether.

Read more: Clements viewed from the flyover in the 1980s

With the help of Watford Museum and its volunteer archivist Christine Orchard, we are looking back at some of those favourite shops and High Street scenes so many of us remember as the countdown to Christmas Day continues.

Jackson Jewellers is a Watford institution. Established in 1876, the family business is now in its fifth generation and is located in a building in The Parade that dates back to between 1480 and 1520.

The picture is now dated but it shows a baby in a pram outside the jewellers while a lady browses in the window.

Watford Observer | What’s On

Be the first to comment on "Memories of Jackson Jewellers in Watford in the past"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.


*